DigDown Mode is a special mode that was first introduced in Lumines Supernova. No necessary acquirement is needed to unlock this mode, since it's already included when first playing the game.
The main objective is to clear stacks of blocks to leave a gap on the floor. If a section contains no blocks, the player moves on to the next stage. After completing a stage or so, the player basically has to repeat their actions. The player has a set of time to finish the area before time runs out. To complete this mode, the player has to complete all 20 stages.
- DigDown Mode is only available in Lumines Supernova.
- Every stage in this mode are somewhat connected, and related to each other.
- Unlike most skins, the skins available aren't unlockable. Hacking is required to play on these stages.
- The final stage (#20) has multiple people around the world, holding hands. This could be a reference to how everyone from around the world needs to support each other.
- Strangely, when one completes DigDown Mode, no prize is given, except for a congratulations message, and the time it took the player to finish all 20 stages.
- In rare conditions, if the time line deletes one side, it is possible to continue on with just one vertical line deleted.
- Like most modes, DigDown Mode is a starter mode.
- The time it took the player to finish the mode can be found at the Score Ranking mode.